Home Network Setup
Need help with home network setup up a router for your home or business? Want to make sure your Internet connection is secure and your personal information is safe? Installation and configuration access through a single wireless router.
With the proliferation of wireless devices in the home, heavy-bandwidth activities such as video streaming can drag network speeds.
Boost WiFi signal and range, eliminating wireless “dead-spots”
Connect the router and configure the firmware to communicate with your ISP
Configure the router and your devices.
Contact My Computer Repairz to get it done quickly so you can start enjoying the freedom of your new home network! We’ll send a certified technician with expertise in home networking and wireless configuration — Same day service is available.
10 biggest home networking mistakes
- Jumping too soon to the “hard reset” option.
- Not checking the router regularly for firmware updates.
- Having older Wi-Fi devices on the network that bring down the new router’s performance.
- Not enabling device sharing options, or setting a “public” policy when attaching a new device to the network.
- Leaving everything to default mode.
- Plugging the Ethernet cable from the modem to the router into a LAN port instead of the WAN/Internet port.
- Connecting a new wireless router to an existing home network without powering down the broadband router.
- Poor router placement.
- Not recording older router settings before upgrading.
- Failing to determine a network’s needs before buying a router.
- Modem Setup
- Secured wireless router setup – WPA/WPA2 or WEP configurations
- Enable devices to share the internet, files, printers and as well as other media – music, videos and photos
- Installation and configuration of a network adapter on computers/devices – PC, laptop, network Blu-Ray/DVD player, network enabled TV and also gaming consoles (Up to 3 computers)
- In home installation of all equipment
- Network troubleshooting – local network, printer or wireless printer.